Aurora Propulsion Technologies Oy is a young dynamic Finnish space company with a mission to supply satellite manufacturers with high quality and reasonable cost components for attitude and orbit control. Aurora’s product portfolio includes world’s smallest resistojet propulsion system for CubeSat format, and a plasma brake module allowing controlled deorbiting of satellites thus effectively reducing problematic space debris in future. Aurora’s first-generation products are currently integrated in AuroraSat-1 that has a confirmed launch for the In-Orbit-Demonstration of the product capabilities at the end of 2021.
We are now seeking for a Machinist to strengthen our teams for the upcoming product development and customer projects in 2021 and beyond.
As a Machinist, you would be working in Aurora’s Mechanics Team being responsible for the operation, maintenance, tool storage & inventory of our Makino D200z CNC machine.
You would review the production drawings and optimize Makino’s configuration settings to produce mechanical parts as needed for our product development and custom deliveries utilizing Makino’s 5-axis capabilities to its fullest. Quality control would be an integral part of your working to ensure the highest quality for the demanding industrial use cases. You would also establish comprehensive maintenance plans for the machine and ensure their regular execution. Your responsibilities include also training your colleagues as relevant for the needed assistance and to promote operational workstation safety.
You daily work would take place at our premises in Otaniemi in Espoo together with other Aurora Teams.
The main responsibilities include:
- producing mechanical parts as needed for product development and customer deliveries
- reviewing drawings and instructions for part production
- setting machine configuration optimally for the task at hand
- performing quality control for the parts produced
- organizing regular maintenance & establishing service program for the machine
- establishing and maintaining a practical system for auxiliary tool storage and inventory
- maintaining a safe, clean & organized workstation
- collaborating with Aurora Occupational Safety Manager to establish & maintain required safety instructions
- producing effort estimates and planning task timings together with other project personnel
Required education, qualifications and experience
We expect the applicant to have:
- relevant education for demanding CNC machining work
- experience in CNC machining at least 3 years
- experience in 3 and 5-axis machining
- expertise in CAD & CAM (Autodesk Inventor) uses and full G-code literacy
- experience in the optimization of machine setting for demanding part production
- experience in quality control of the produced parts
- experience in CNC machine maintenance
- ability to work independently with machining tasks from drawings to finished parts
Additionally, we value:
- experience on Makino D200z (Makino Professional 6/Fanuc series 30i)
- experience on VERICUT CNC simulation software
- experience in cleaning processes for produced parts
- experience in mechanical design or engineering
- experience in manufacturability analyses & planning
- basic programming skills
We offer a challenging & exciting work with high-tech products in an innovative atmosphere with high-spirited team of colleagues. You have the opportunity to make your signature impact on the second-generation design of Aurora’s products and affect the working methods and processes as the company is being fine-tuned for the next level of its growth. Benefits include occupational health care, also relocation package can be negotiated if relevant.
The position is opened primarily for Full Time working, but Part Time contracts can also be considered. We plan to fill the vacant position as soon as possible.
Application instructions & deadline
Please submit your CV and the application preferably with your expected salary range to email@example.com by the 26th of September 2021. Mark the subject as “Application / Machinist”.
For more information, please do not hesitate contacting Program Leader Janne Sievinen at +358 400 971 121.
Company headquarters: Aurora Propulsion Technologies Oy, A Grid, Otakaari 5, 02150 Espoo, Finland.